Longsha started from an idea for a cheap budget, basic beach side camping experience that should be able to accommodate small groups and mix many cultures in one living space, like a home away from home at a very reasonable low budget price.
Longsha campsite originates from collective help of many locals, family and volunteers alike, who have supported, volunteered, learned and helped each other in many different ways, about cultures and languages, hospitality in tourism, crafts, art and day to day survival on the island. The idea was to run something with minimal effort and fuss but with the basic needs for staff and guest to enjoy an environment that should be relaxed for all. To be like a home away from home.
Campsite group bookings maximum number/ capacity is 60 people.
You can use Longsha tents or use your own, see cost page for price.
- Only to be used by Longsha guest only please!
- If you have friends saying somewhere else you will need to ask staff if it’s possible to accommodate extra people in the kitchen as it can get very overcrowded at busy times and so is not fair for those paying to have to wait for people who are not payin.(common sense really!) their is a small charge for day use, see campsite cost.
- There are three guest cooking stations, two small cooking stoves with one big industrial cooking stove for larger groups.
- BBQ area , guests to bring own charcoal..
- Undercover area for eating
- Electricty and lighting available from 7pm to 11, solar light thereafter.
Shower and toilets.
- Bathe shower and toilets are very basic but do the job!
- ladies toilets were rebuilt in 2017 and the boys toilets were rebuilt in 2018. (More info and pictures of update in the longsha renovations blog).
- Both men’s and Ladies toilets are with basic squat Asian toilet, and a western style toilet.
- Showers are open air in both toilets and we remind quest to be sparing of the water usage during busy/holiday times.
Varied tent positions, covered or beach front.
- There is an undercover area built in 2016, which can accommodate those guests who use Certain Longsha tents. They are fixed and bit more sheltered from the rain. Showers, view of the beach is restricted however.
- Front row tents are not undercover, but do come with a tarp covering to help protect against rains
- Guest with own tents should ensure there tents are waterproofed as we only have enough covers for Longsha tents who we will help first if any are left over we will help guest with there own tents.
Boat trips & snorkling at the campsite.
- Small boat trips can be arranged, see snorkelling and boat pricing for packages or talk to one of the crew at Longsha when you arrive. Largest group on small boat is 6-8 people.
- Longsha Boat services will be used for any larger group bookings.
- Discounted shopping trips with LongSha boat services.
- Snorkelling equipment is discounted for Longsha camping guest after two days of use. ( only for Longsha guests only)
- Snorkle s Can be arranged through Longsha Campsite when you arrive.
- We have a selection of ukuleles, guitars, books, information books/guides, many hammocks for an afternoon nap.
Things to bring with you/ practical information
- Charcoal if you want to make use of the BBQ.
- Mosi repellant- yep there are loads of mosiquitos!
- Sun cream, sun block or swimming top.
- Hat – (good idea for keeping the rays off)
- Sarong or towel.
- Mosi sting, itch relief, bite cream
- Girls, Sanitary products.
- Swimwear ( yep people forget!)
- Maybe a pillow or something for your head if you like comfort., I just use some clothes or my bag.
- We have NO WIFI at the campsite.
- Money, there is no ATM on the Island.
- Drinking water is provided but chargeable per bottle.
LongSha camping, call direct Longet +60199662968
Longsha camping on WhatsApp +60199832968.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO HELP LOOK AFTER YOUR EARTH AND THE ENVIROMEMT, KEEP KAPAS CLEAN BY TAKING YOUR RUBISH WITH YOU OR USE ONE OF THE BINS PROVIDED ON THE ISLAND, THANKYOU.